Saturday, November 5, 2011

Lessons and benefits: what I'ved noticed

Four weeks after fitocracy I'm down 4 pounds.  I've lost 7 pounds altogether.  I think I'm going to make goal number one!!  Lose twenty by April 19th.  Our friend Graham's wedding is April twentieth and so I figured that was as good a time as any to do a goal of twenty pounds.  Its about 166 days away, so I think I can do it.  Of course, I'm slowly building muscle too. 

I've been learning many lessons during this, the beginning of my newest fitness journey.  And I've discovered benefits that I didn't think I would have.  One, I learned I am highly competitive and can turn from doing-it-for-myself to turning bitch-to-beat-person-who-always-critisizes-her.  I don't like that latter person.  I don't like me being that person at ALL.  So I'm back to being the person who is doing this for HERSELF.  I've also learned that I look forward to working out.  I've always read the same thing in fitness magazines of people looking forward to workouts, but I never believed it.  I love doing cardio especially!!!  Pilates (that I do at home) I don't much look forward to, but after I do it I'm happy that I did it.  And weight lifting at home is always terrific.  Although, I am looking forward to my meeting with the personal trainer.  Of course after that I'm still on my own, but it'll be nice to get her opinion on things.

Another benefit:  My neuropathy pain is less since I started working out regularly.  Of course the day I noticed it (today) I only noticed it because I was having a pain, but still how COOL IS THAT?!?!?!?

No comments:

Post a Comment