Website: www.fitocracy.com
So fitocracy is a game you play, where you put all the exercises you've done for the day and you compete with your friends to see who can get the most points.
Pretty simple huh?? So what is so great about it? In a word, accountability. If you don't work out that day, everyone will know it. And since everyone is trying to get as many points as they can, if you do not work out that day, everyone will be far ahead of you. I really enjoy it. In fitocracy, you can join groups of your choosing. Each group may put forth a challenge. In one of my group, the challenge is to get the most points during October. Currently I'm ending up between second and third place. I want that second place title. You can also earn points for quests and achievements.
Don't get me wrong, I don't work out to the max JUST to get points. I'd rather get a better, all over workout and get less points if I have to, than to do an activity just for the points. So even though I'm competitive and want that second place spot, my biggest competitor is myself.
There are cons to fitocracy. It is still in beta testing, for one. You can only join if invited. If you have no one to compete with, and you cannot find a group to join (shouldn't be a problem, there are tons of groups) it won't be as fun. There are certain exercises that you do that aren't in their list yet (although you can suggest they add it), but the listing is pretty extensive. Some of the points don't seem quite fair.
But cons aside, I highly suggest you join fitocracy if you work out on a regular basis. I have about ten invites left, so take advantage and join, and make sure you follow me!! I will follow you too!!! Joining is free!!
invite link:
http://ftcy.co/r9CdJ8
What's your name on there? I want to counteract your naysayer!
ReplyDeleteNever mind, I found you! Yay!
ReplyDelete