Sunday, October 23, 2011

Soyrizo: The Experience

So the other day in the grocery store I ran across something called "soyrizo" which is a vegetarian alternative to chorizo.  Now, I LOVE chorizo, but I don't cook it very often.  I don't like to eat meat every day.  I'm by no means a vegan or a vegetarian, but meat is not my favorite food.  So I was ecstatic to find this product!!

The package said "you'll never know it isn't chorizo!!"  And I was up for the challenge.

I went to cook it.  Took it out of the casing as normal.  Sprayed the pan with canola oil, and went to town.  I actually had to keep adding extra virgin olive oil to it, because the soyrizo was not oily at all and if I didn't oil the pan more it would have burned easily and smoked badly.

I added some veggies to the mix, and everything turned out well.  It really did taste like chorizo!!  Then again, I don't eat chorizo too often, so perhaps someone who eats it more will feel differently.  But it was very delicious to eat, it was just a bitch to cook.  So I give it 4 out of 5 stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment